Immunizations we offer include:
- Tetanus/whooping cough (ages 13+)
- Influenza (ages 6+)
We bill Medicare and most major insurances.
Some tips for getting vaccinations include:
- Wear a short sleeve shirt
- Make an appointment to lessen your wait time if you plan to come in over a lunch hour during flu season
- Bring your insurance card
- Plan to spend about 10-15 minutes in the store after the shot ensuring you do not have a rare, but possible dangerous allergic reaction
The best way to treat childhood diseases such as mumps, polio, and pertussis (whooping cough) is to prevent them with vaccination. Routine well child checks at your clinic will ensure your family receives all the recommended childhood vaccinations. Minnesota children without healthcare coverage may qualify for free vaccinations, and your clinic or pharmacy can help determine eligibility.
Although we have not seen major outbreaks in years with many childhood diseases, vaccination of the majority of the population is still necessary to protect everyone. In recent years we have seen a return of diseases such as whooping cough. An ounce of prevention can save the heartache of illness or the loss of a child. Our pharmacists are great resources if you have any questions or concerns about vaccination for yourself or your family.
*This service available at these locations:
- St. Francis