Medication Therapy Management
Medication Therapy Management describes an exciting program now available at Goodrich Pharmacies in which our pharmacists work with you to thoroughly review all of the medications you are taking, your health history, and your unique needs and preferences to ensure that you are receiving the best possible results from your medications.
Medication Therapy Management refers to the partnership created between you and your pharmacist to improve the quality of your healthcare and the quality of your life.
How does the program work?
Medication Therapy Management involves:
- An initial information-gathering office visit with your pharmacist
- The creation of a personalized care plan outlining your individual health-related treatments and goals
- Continuous follow-up by your pharmacist to monitor your progress, your medications, and your health
- Health education about your medications and your medical conditions
How can this program benefit me?
Research has shown that more than 40% of all people have at least one health-related problem that is directly related to their medications!
Your pharmacist can help correct and prevent such drug therapy problems by:
- Answering your questions and helping you understand your medications
- Making appropriate changes to your prescriptions through collaborative practice agreements and close relationships with your clinic providers
- Ensuring that you are receiving the correct medications and the most effective doses for your medical condition
- Helping to eliminate bothersome or dangerous side effects from your medications
- Reviewing all of your medications to help detect and prevent drug interactions
- Helping you to organize your medications
- Helping you obtain additional resources, such as educational materials, in order to help you better understand and manage your health and medications
Remember: The most expensive medication is one that is taken incorrectly.
*This service available at these locations:
- Elk River
- St. Francis